Tube Testing – complete quality testing on most of the valves I supply, testing and matching service for audio valves (and others)
I NOW OFFER A NEW STATE OF THE ART AMPLITREX VALVE and TUBE TESTING & CHECK-UP SERVICE
This supplements my military standard HICKOK TV-7D/U and AVO tube testing (instruments pictured below)
DO YOU HAVE WEAK or DISTORTED SOUND or ARE YOUR PREAMP AUDIO VALVES, GUITAR or BASS AMP VALVES OLD, WEAK, TIRED, or NOISY? Our VALVE TESTING service can help you sort this out.
HOW WILL AN AMPLITREX DIGITAL CHECK-UP BENEFIT YOU?
- Have you purchased a valve amp or are you looking to make a purchase, and do you need to know the health of the audio valves in it?
- Does your gear not sound as good as it used to? Could the problem be in one of the audio valves?
- Have you recently purchased audio valves and you need to know the REAL specs, mA/V, gm, and if they are noise-free.
- Do you need to ensure that you are using matched audio valve twins or quads in your application?
- Do you have a collection of audio valves (or others) and you just want to put together the best of those you have for contingency?
IS IT WORTH THE TROUBLE OF DOING VALVE TESTING & OBTAINING A COMPLETELY VERIFIED NOISE-TEST & mA REPORT FOR AUDIO VALVES?
For example, with many audio valves (like a 12AX7 pre amp), even the very smallest amount of gas current will likely be detected in your application. Worst case is that the noise may be excessive, and/or the audio valves may not establish their optimum operating point in the circuit. Its good to have this data before you decide to buy. Make an informed buying decision and use our testing service for audio valves.
Find out if your audio valves really are Noise-Free top shelf!
CONFIRM THAT YOUR AUDIO TUBES are NOISE-FREE (for AUDIO-GRADE)
How? During the Gas Test, the grid circuit source impedance is increased incrementally. Plate current is measured before, and then again after the impedance is altered. If there is residual gas inside the valve, the ion current flowing in the gas between the plate or screen and the grid causes the grid to become more positive or less negative. This produces an increase in plate current, this difference is the value that results, in milliamperes. A high reading here will manifest itself in noise in audio valves.
Do ACTUAL audio tube testing results such as these really make a difference in how your system performs and sounds?
If you care about getting best performance in your stereo application, you must know if your audio tubes have balanced triodes, their noise-level, and the measured mA/V per triode! For audio triodes our valve testing includes an assessment of the triode section matching inside the single valve. We can then match two or more valves as matched pairs , quads or more.
***VALVE TESTING PRICE INCLUDES A DIGITAL CHECK-UP & AN EMAILED REPORT FOR UP TO FIVE VALVES! ***
00A 01 10 112A 12A6 12AB5 12AT7 12AU6 12AU7 12AU8 12AV6 12AV7 12AX7 12AY7 12AZ7 12B4 12BA6
12BD6 12BE6 12BH7 12BV7 12BY7 12BZ7 12C8 12DQ6 12DQ7 12DW7 12EN6 12G4 12H4 12L6 12SA7 12SF7
12SH7 12SJ7 12SK7 12SL7 12SN7 12SQ7 12V6 12W6 145 1614 1621 1622 1626 1629 1631 1632 1852
1853 211* 24 245 26 27 2A3 2A5 2A6 2DF4 2E24 2E26 2E5 30 300B 31 32 34 35 350B 350B1 36 37 38 39
3D21 3Q5 41 417A* 42 44 45 46 47 50 51 55 5591 56 5654 5687 5691 5692 5693 57 5726 5749 5751
5755 5763 58 5814 5842* 5871 5879 5881 5932 5933 5963 5965 5992 5998 5AR4 5AU4 5R4 5U4 5V6 5Y3
6005 6057 6058 6060 6067 6072 6080 6085 6100 6113 6134 6135 6136 6137 6146 6188 6189 6197 6201
6211 6267 6350 6384* 6414 6463 6485 6520 6550 6550-500 6660 6664 6679 6680 6681 6688 6384*
6913 6922 6973 6A3 6A4 6AB4 6AB5 6AB7 6AC5 6AC7 6AD6 6AF6 6AG5 6AG6 6AG7 6AH6 6AJ7 6AK5 6AK6
6AK8 6AL5 6AQ5 6AQ6 6AQ8 6AR6* 6AS7 6AT8 6AU6 6AU8 6AV5 6AV6 6AY5 6B4 6BA6 6BA8 6BC8 6BD6
6BE6 6BG7 6BH6 6BH8 6BJ6 6BL8 6BM8 6BQ5 6BQ6 6BQ7 6BR5 6BR8 6BS8 6C33C* 6C4 6C6 6C8 6CA7
6CD6 6CD7 6CF6 6CF8 6CG6 6CG7 6CL6 6CU6 6CW4* 6CW5 6CX8 6D6 6DA5 6DE6 6DG6 6DJ8 6DL4 6DN7
6DQ6 6DR4 6DZ4 6E5 6EF6 6ER5 6ES8 6EY6 6EZ5 6F5 6F6 6F8 6FC8 6FG6 6FQ7 6FW8 6G5 6G6 6GN8
6H30PI 6HF8 6HR6 6HU6 6HZ8 6J5 6J6 6J7 6JE8 6JK6 6JL8 6JT8 6JV8 6K6 6K7 6KR8 6KS8 6KT8 6KV8 6L6
6L6GB 6L6HK 6LB8 6LF8 6LQ8 6LY8 6ME10 6ME5 6MV8 6N1P 6N5 6N6 6N6P 6P15 6Q7 6R8 6S19P 6S45PE
6SC7 6SD7 6SF5 6SF7 6SH7 6SJ7 6SK7 6SL7 6SN7 6SQ7 6SS7 6SU7 6SZ7 6T5 6T8 6U5 6U6 6U7 6U8 6V6
6W6 6Y6 7025 7027 7044 71 717A 7184 7189 7199 7233 7236 7247 7355 7408 75 7543 7581 7586* 7591
76 77 7754 7788 78 7868* 7EY6 8032 807 813* 8417 845* 85 8552 89 CK5755 CV1075 CV1186 CV1286
CV133 – CV140 CV1831 CV1911 CV1912 – CV1938 CV1940 CV1947 CV1948 CV2714 – CV2817 CV283
CV2938 CV2975 CV321 CV509 CV5094 CV510 CV511 CV515 CV5220 CV525 CV526 CV586 CV610 CV658
CV730 CV731 CV750 CV843 CV852 E810F E88C E80CC E81CC E82CC E83CC EAM86 EC90 ECC81 ECC82
ECC83 ECC85 ECC88 ECC99 ECF80 ECL86 EF83 EF86 EF93 EL33 EL34 EL34-500 EL35 EL37 EL84 EL86 EM34
EM80 EM81 EM84 EM87 EMM801 GZ30 GZ31 GZ32 GZ33 GZ34 GZ37 KT61 KT63 KT66 KT88 KT89 KT90 N709
PL504* PX25* PP60 U52 UM84 UX201 UX245 UX250 VT100 VT107 VT115 VT131 VT134 VT152 VT168 VT198
VT227 VT247 VT25 VT28 VT29 VT30 VT37 VT45 VT47 VT48 VT52 VT56 VT57 VT58 VT63 VT66 VT69 VT75 VT76
VT77 VT78 VT89 VT95 AND ALL OTHERS!
(Please check with us if an asterisk appears beside the valve type listed above)
I CHECK ALL THE VALVES I SELL!
-unless you are specifically advised otherwise, where I may not have access to factory parameters for some older less popular and rarer valves – I am always working to increase my database of such information to include valve testing of as many types as possible.
MY TUBE TESTING COVERS THE FOLLOWING IMPORTANT ELEMENTS
- exact measurements from a calibrated tester
- precise testing of audiophile-grade tubes
- testing at real-world power levels, up to 500V @ 160mA
- direct recording of true Mutual Conductance using a 1 kHz AC signal
- measurement of Heater-to-Cathode Leakage, Emission and Gas
- emission and GM results in percent-of-spec, and actual mA, mA/V, etc.
- where requested monitoring of audio valves for microphonics
- testing of multi-section tubes, diodes and rectifiers.
Only completion of these tests ensures that a high quality product is delivered to you. Why settle for less?
You will receive for each triode, tetrode, beam power and pentode tube a comprehensive printout or electronic copy of your tubes parameters as shown in the first image below, with details of any defects in your tube such as high-microphonics (if applicable to application), noise, if the tube is unusable or a real keeper! These are the latest 2013 up to date state-of-the-art digital parameter reports that other older mutual conductance tube testers don’t have the capability to measure and create:
Characteristic (curve) reports also available on request:
Terms and Conditions
1) You are responsible for shipping costs for your valves to and from me in New South Wales 2621. Ship your valves(s) to me for a complete state-of-the-art digital bench-check and report. As well as emailed test results page (the first page shown above for the EL34), I can upon request send ACTUAL photo-documentation of the digital readout as shown on this page for YOUR valves.
2) I will treat your items with care as if they were my own. I will advise you immediately upon arrival if your valve(s) is/are inoperable, damaged, too weak to use, or otherwise expired. You must pack your valves in a safe manner for the journey and it is your choice and responsibility to decide to use delivery tracking and insurance, or not.
3) If you do need to replace any of your valves you are under no obligation to source replacements from me.
4) My Digital Testing Service has been provided since May 2013. I will test all valves where I have accurate factory data which will allow benchmarking. There will be certain types that I am unable to adequately test and this will be clearly communicated to you in our initial communication.